Subject: [Leica] MM Review
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 08:58:19 -0700
References: <CA+yJO1CSweJKUJLs82A8tJy9cR8JzbRJmvB=LkeH41SfN1S1Mw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ4y7gyGhLgXmCQ1C720FEQGSb+qj+kYmqyf4OSPyq1aY7LmvQ@mail.gmail.com> <D0DF9662923541EDB7481CA2E0F3458E@jimnichols> <C3E562E113C440DCB3FC00E1C5E55DCF@billHP> <1FED796C-CEB6-47F2-960F-E9E2297C2477@mac.com> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E96B368E3F@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org> <5DF2FFCF-072E-4D3D-8FBD-D5CAB9AB49A9@mac.com> <CA+yJO1DGSK-2QKUUz453acXyWioB+w2qqDNUFaCsshMhDeCLRw@mail.gmail.com>

Subject: Re: [Leica] MM Review

One thing I never gave a thought too, were Leica Special editions. I was and
am a working photojournalist enjoying my life doing that which I enjoy with
great passion and seemingly with some reasonable success!

It never occurred that a hairy covered Leica would be of much use when
caught in a rain storm or in the High Arctic of Canada at a chilling minus
50-60 below zero. I am/was a working photojournalist who derived great
happiness shooting assignments here in Canada or some far off country.

Special editions are a complete waste of time being concerned over when you
know you'll never have the income to purchase one? Besides if one is a pure
down to Earth loving every moment of your breathing life shooting with
Leica's, M or SLR? Such magical projects in locations others only dream
about?

Why in the world would you for the tiniest moment be wasting your life's
breath and limited time on Planet Earth babbling over something you have
absolutely no control over the manufacturing of in the first place?

Is it not more prudent to be enjoying the taking of "Happy Snaps" and being
in the great out doors? Or wherever you maybe?  Than wasting time, actually
just as I am doing right now? And many of you? Babbling on about a camera
for me that is 60 years too late? And can't afford in any event!

If one has a gazillion amount of money and can buy, wine, women and hairy
covered Leica's let them go for it! But why bother batting ones brains out
over the black, red or whatever Special edition? It's one of those "GET OVER
IT AND GET ON WITH DOING WHAT YOU DO BEST!"  Taking photographs to your
heart's content doing that which you enjoy with great passion! Being a
photographer with whatever model Leica you have and can afford!

Of course if I were offered a couple of M&M's ;-) I wouldn't turn them down
but put them into immediate use shooting whatever project I might be working
on.

There now last word on the new machine all in B&W. :-)

g'day ladies and gentlemen, may it be a wonderful one. :-)
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark) ([Leica] MM Review)
Message from robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron) ([Leica] MM Review)