Subject: [Leica] Security in Dublin Airport now insist on scanning film
From: doug at ricecracker.net (doug kim)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 13:44:03 -0400

The film that has been fogged is ISO 400. These are the latest generation
of machines at Dublin, brand new, and I was told they were calibrated to
allow up to ISO 800 to pass safely through. I politely asked them if they
had ever passed film through and had it developed and they said no. I
immediately tossed the 3200 so I have no idea what the effect was.

For many reasons, to me, film is photography. If this is adopted around the
world, it will break my heart as I will most likely stop shooting.

The head of airport police, when I asked him what he would do when a movie
company comes into Dublin with film magazines, had no answer. I was the
first person carrying film to pass through airport since they had installed
the new machines and had the new policy.

Doug Kim
o 646.602.7603
c 310.869.0498
--