Subject: [Leica] M9 Monochrome & DIGILUX 2 B&W IMAGES?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 11:02:57 -0700

Hi Crew,
I have a Digilux 2 purchased several years ago new and it's quite a smashing
good camera.  No it isn't lightening fast at processing an image. But once
you get the feel of it, it is a real fun camera to use.

"The COOL PART?"
Long before this M&M camera you could shoot b&w images with the Digilux 2!
Yep and they looked pretty darn good.

Although I must say there was this weird reaction of looking through the
viewfindr at a B&W world, then removing the camera from your eye and seeing
it in real life colour! :-) Strange kind of feeling at first glance. :-)

So at the moment if I want to shoot digital B&W photography I pick-up my
Digi-2 and do so. :-) Oh I suppose if you were to compare the M&M side by
each with the Digi 2 you might see a bit of a difference. But if it were a
crappy content picture who'd care anyway. :-) At least one wouldn't have
dropped $8 grand or so for a crappy B&W photo. ;-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

However it would be interesting to have an M&M in ones' hands to give it a
real world work out during an assignment. :-) Never mind just some dinky
assed image promotion photos of no real content. ;-)

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] M9 Monochrome & DIGILUX 2 B&W IMAGES?)
Message from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] M9 Monochrome Filters)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] M9 Monochrome Filters)