Subject: [Leica] S2 / H System Lens adapter....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 14:08:20 -0400

I agree Frank F. it has to do with wooing away customers.
Most of the high end work is now being done with Hasselblad H digital medium
format cameras how can we get them to switch to digital medium format Leica
S?
Well we can let them use their existing hoard of favorite Hassy H ( Fujinon)
lens on a spunkier Leica S body and let them see how it feels. And feel how
it see's.
People do love the feeling of an 35mm SLR shape over a modular box camera
shape and the nostalgia could prove to be too much for them.
...And the rush of a much higher shutter speed on the Leica.
And they know if they shell out the bucks for the S2 body they can just
start shooting with it with their existing arsenal of Fujinon glass. The
results from which they are very familiar and they don't have to pay for it
twice.... That's the billionaires who own not rent medium format digital
camera systems...
Its just that the majority of users of medium format gear I think are not
owners but renters. They are rented to do a job. The job pays for them.
And you can rent an S system almost as easily as an H. or soon.
And rent any lens you want with it.
So inter system flexibility seems a bit like a moot point.
Is your

I don't know why but I think people are going to want to own not rent Leica
S's more then they wanted to own Hasselblads.
Hasselblads just look like something you'd love to rent for the weakened.
Who would care to own one not me?
Give me a billion dollars I may spend it elsewise first.

Also as I look at the B&H medium format lens listing in order of cheap first
and I finally hit something made by Leica it usually says: New item, not
available yet. Making me think the whole thing is in the "too soon to tell "
category".

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/