Subject: [Leica] S2 / H System Lens adapter....
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 06:33:18 +1000

Maybe! A liitle marketing testosterone, perhaps.
But Hasselblad cooperated with Leica Camera so that this adaptor could be
marketed, presumably. You can't just pick up a modern, electronic mount
design like that and copy it without permission/payment. I was really
surprised.
This adaptor is not a 'dumb' bayonet. All (electronically controlled)
original functions are apparently retained. Maybe one significant aspect
(as Doug astutely commented elsewhere) is that this may presage other
adaptors to come (for other lens systems).

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman