Subject: [Leica] S2 / H System Lens adapter..reverse engineering quote..
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 02:04:59 +0200

Found this quote on a blog from Israel:

/We had to reverse-engineering this product. This
adapter translates the Leica language to Hasselblad
language, and vice-versa. In order to achieve this, we
had to do some detective work. Basically, we used logic
analysers and looked at what would happen to the lens
when you gave it a specific command. For example, we
would look at the message being transmitted by the lens
when you put it at a certain shutter speed or aperture.
We recorded that information and studied it. It
involved a lot of trial and error, but after some time
you know how it works.

Stephan Schulz, Leica/