Subject: [Leica] Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau has died
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 09:05:10 +0100

Lluis,

I agree with your sentiments completely. I am a big fan too.
My wife's singing teacher at the Royal College of Music was a Furtwangler
fan (and ex-mistress, apparently) so I was introduced to him early. One of
my prized possessions is his live Beethoven 9th at Bayreuth (SP?)

I have a lot of Fischer-Dieskau with Gerald Moore recordings both on LP and
CD.

I am not familiar with Astrid Varnay, but the others in your list I know
well. I would add Kathleen Ferrier to any such list, personally :-)

Frank D.