Subject: [Leica] help requested with Picasa web albums copyright infringements
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 00:10:54 +0200

Geoff,

This guy "the pirate" have asked me in Facebook to be added as a
friend, I've denied. Probably the best and easier way would be I write
him, if they don't do anything than we can search other ways.

Please contact me off line and ldet me know which pictures are

cheers
Lluis

El 22/05/2012, a las 23:41, Geoff Hopkinson escribi?:

> [...]
> others. He didn't even change my file names.
>
> The photos themselves are of no commercial value. It is just that that
> are shots of LUG members in private gatherings including Ted, Lluis,
> Marty
> and Brian's wife Victoria (plus some Leica stacks!) from one of my LUG
> albums. So it is just bad manners by the guy who copied and reposted
> them.
> However some folks have objected to being re-published without
> permission
> which is fair enough.
>
> I thought there might be some LUG members who use Picasa web to show
> me how
> to do what I need.
>
> What I can't do is figure out how to get the links to the albums
> themselves, not the seach result links. Starting from the Picasa web
> albums
> home I can't navigate to the offending album. The instruction from
> Google
> says I should get a direct link to the album at the right of photo
> but I
> can't find it. Without the direct links my applications for the DMCA
> takedown notices are not accepted. There's no means to contact the
> owner
> from the pics either. There are lots of other shots of
> photographers, some
> well known in the same gallery and even a number of shots of the
> gallery
> owner. I just want him to remove my stuff.
>
> Cheers,
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
>

> On 23 May 2012 05:21, Tina Manley <images at comporium.net> wrote:
>
>> You can install Tineye  http://www.tineye.com/  or Google Image
>> http://images.google.com/  and then right click on your photo on
>> the LUG
>> and tell the software to search for similar images.  It will come
>> up with
>> any exact matches.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Tina
>>
>> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Now I'm apparently so famous  ;-) that someone copied eight shots
>>> that
>> used
>>> to be in my LUG friends gallery a couple of years ago and posted
>>> in their
>>> own. What bad manners. Even the file names have been left the same.
>>> Shots of Ted, Lluis, Victoria Reid, Marty, Michiel Fokkema and
>>> some Leica
>>> stacks.
>>> I'm trying to report the infringements since some of the subjects
>>> have
>>> objected and let me know already.
>>> I can get to the album via search link but the  (Google)
>>> instructions to
>>> get the actual URL's don't seem to work.
>>> Anyone that uses/has used  Picas web that can advise?

>>> Geoff