Subject: [Leica] help requested with Picasa web albums copyright infringements
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 07:41:13 +1000

Yes thanks Tina. In this case I have not had the photos on-line for a
couple of years. One shot of Lluis came up on a web search which led to the
others. He didn't even change my file names.

The photos themselves are of no commercial value. It is just that that
are shots of LUG members in private gatherings including Ted, Lluis, Marty
and Brian's wife Victoria (plus some Leica stacks!) from one of my LUG
albums. So it is just bad manners by the guy who copied and reposted them.
However some folks have objected to being re-published without permission
which is fair enough.

I thought there might be some LUG members who use Picasa web to show me how
to do what I need.

What I can't do is figure out how to get the links to the albums
themselves, not the seach result links. Starting from the Picasa web albums
home I can't navigate to the offending album. The instruction from Google
says I should get a direct link to the album at the right of photo but I
can't find it. Without the direct links my applications for the DMCA
takedown notices are not accepted. There's no means to contact the owner
from the pics either. There are lots of other shots of photographers, some
well known in the same gallery and even a number of shots of the gallery
owner. I just want him to remove my stuff.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman