Subject: [Leica] Float Planes
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 14:35:26 -0700

> Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 14:19:44 -0500
> From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols at lighttube.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Float Planes
> To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> Beautiful work, Howard.  I subscribe to the Aircraft Owners and Pilots
> Association "AOPA Pilot", which takes pride in its airplane photos, and
> yours are right up there with their best efforts.  Thanks for sharing them.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

Thanks Jim,
Your praise is much appreciated. The GH2 and the AF in the zoom lens
worked surprisingly well as the planes were swishing by at about 70 - 80
miles an hour and I was very pleased with the results.
The last Dehavilland Beaver was made in 1967 and over 6,000 beavers were
produced. They are the "yellow taxis" of the North and West Coasts
and I am amazed at how many are still flying. I regularly take them (or a
Twin Otter) to get to and from Pender Island).
Thanks again
Howard

Check out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Canada_DHC-2_Beaver