Subject: [Leica] IMG: Early Morning at the Volvo Salvage Yard
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 07:29:40 +0200

Nice fog picture.

I have owned two Volvos in my life. In 1985, I bought a second-hand 240 in
Florida (it is 1983 model). It was my wife's car for the next 10 years,
until we moved from NJ to Belgium. Rather than taking the car with us to
Europe, we had it shipped to Puerto Rico, where it has lived ever since, at
my in-laws. When my wife goes to visit, she has a car there, saving on car
rentals which are quite expensive there.

In Brussels, I bought another used Volvo, a 740, in 1995, with 120.000 km on
the odometer. During the next 3 years, I put another 100.000 km on it and
then sold it to a Swedish (!) guy at a loss of only about 500 Euro. The guy
drove it back to the land of its birth in order to give it to his brother.

I like Volvo. Now that it is owned by a Chinese company, it is over.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain