Subject: [Leica] (Link) Interview with Stefan Daniel
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 14:41:09 -0400

I don't understand this focus on Live View. That's a key advantage with CMOS
in an M10? I'd call it a detriment not an asset! Leica's going to sell more
cameras because of this? Maybe not to the right people. I'm just not looking
forward to seeing people holding eight thousand dollar M10's at full arms
lengh in front of them as they take snap shots in Times Square.  From an
image standpoint to me that just looks bad.
A kind of thing getting Barnack rolling over in his grave.
On my camera a D700 DSLR the Live View option slows down the operation of
the camera is widely ignored by me and its other owners after trying it for
a minute.
I just give the mass public credit for knowing that when you buy a hand
constructed German camera for thousands of dollars Its for putting up to
your face not holding out like an offering like using a cell phone camera or
cheap point and shoot. I don't see people with big fat DSLR's which have now
the option now using it that way.
Perhaps Leica should give its buyers a German chocolate bar to every
customer who allows them to disable that feature. Perhaps place a little
leaflet in the box for the unboxing where they can read the history of the
Leica M for mechanical rangefinder mechanism working with triangulation to
give you a focus many times more accurate than a groundglass if there is
one.
It should not be circumvented so lightly.
Either is the viewfinder mechanism with its automatic frame lines.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/