Subject: [Leica] Why Leica is opening up so many stores
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 20:15:41 -0400

Some people appreciate having and using the best and with finance it anyway
they can.
 Maybe not super rich you can take a long time to pay off a Mercedes. And
you can drive one for a long time.
There are people apparently such as yourself who seem to always just want to
spend less finding something a little similar and cheaper.
A Chevy will also get you to the supermarket.
For every premium product there is a mid price option and often a low price
option. All kinds of options. Pick your price point. A Chevy cost what a
Chevy cost; not what a Mercedes cost and for real logical reasons.
Anybody with an interest in Leica knows that its been a premium product for
a long long time. You don't save money getting one.
Leica is not here to make you happy.
We'd love it if we could have a new M10 for 3 grand. If an X2 cost 80o
bucks. I'd be happy. Leica would be broke.
I think Leica needs to stay happy doing what its been doing for a long long
time. Making a second to none premium product in smaller amounts at a
premium price. I does do a thing with Panasonic putting their name on it and
selling them at much cheaper prices than an M.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/