Subject: [Leica] Homage to W. Eugene Smith
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:57:17 -0400

Thanks, Philippe, but the reality is it is a pretty awful portrait of her,
as it's very harsh, and she is far more attractive than this. It was shot
in an elevator, and way under exposed. But there was enough in her face to
be able to pull it out with PS, and then burn down what little showed
around her. Actually, if you look at the contacts of the Haitian Mad
Woman, you'll see that WES did a whole lot more burning down than I did -
he took a pretty mundane shot and turned it into something utterly
unrelated to the original exposure. But I love him none the less.