Subject: [Leica] Homage to W. Eugene Smith
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 22:05:37 +0200

Le 21 juin 12 ? 21:57, B. D. Colen a ?crit :

> Thanks, Philippe, but the reality is it is a pretty awful portrait
> of her,
> as it's very harsh, and she is far more attractive than this.

To each one their tastes ... :-) there's life is the portrait, the
skin texture, the way her hair glides to the right, and her eyes.
Ted might add she's got a soul.
What else should I look at/for/into?

> It was shot
> in an elevator, and way under exposed. But there was enough in her
> face to
> be able to pull it out with PS, and then burn down what little showed
> around her.

Well, it works after all :-)

> Actually, if you look at the contacts of the Haitian Mad
> Woman, you'll see that WES did a whole lot more burning down than I
> did -
> he took a pretty mundane shot and turned it into something utterly
> unrelated to the original exposure. But I love him none the less.

I don't know WES, nor want to, but what you showed here was ok ++ for
me, as soon as I could see it properly displayed :-) :-)

Thanks again BD

Philippe