Subject: [Leica] IMG: Awards
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 23:26:51 -0500 (CDT)

Guess there's life is the old guy yet.  ;~)

Last week Miami University in Oxford, Ohio hosted the 2012 symposium of the
University Photographers Association of America.  In the print competition,
three of my six entries won wards.  I got an Honorable mention in the
Features and Illustrations category for the picture of Jorg Woehl taken to
publicize his Science Bag presentation on light and vision.  In the personal
vision category my B&W film photo of the sculpture in Atwater Park received
Second Place, and the close up shot of a dragonfly was given an Honorable
Mention.  The B&W photo was also chosen by conference speaker Annie
Griffiths of the National Geographic Magazine for comment during her photo
critique session.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Work/Science+Bag/ScienceBag_MR_1652.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/TwoMen_AMR_7339.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Miscellaneous/Dragonfly59_AMR.jpg.html>