Subject: [Leica] Olympic Photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 08:36:38 -0700

Tina  SAID:
> LUG:
> > What do you think?
>
> http://solsticevisuals.com/post/26229830602/outrage-over-the-photographs-of-the-united-states
>
>> They should have hired Ted!!<<<<<<

Thank you Tina for suggesting me for this USA Olympic Team athlete shoot.
However I must say since my first Olympic assignment in Mexico 1968 I don't
think I've ever seen such a collection of strange photographs as these?

And given they are not of my country Canada I shall remain polite  and
merely suggest..... The USA Olympic  Committee acquire themselves a "real
photographer" who knows what athletes are all about before the next Games!!

I would say these are the idea of some "Madison Ave. know it all fancy
design fashion personality who's never covered the Games as a shooter. Nor
understands the realities of sport action and athletes. They are merely
store bought mannequins!.

This was probably shot by someone who has a "connection and an in" with the
PR people and got the assignment not because of their ability at shooting
sports, but about shooting weird fashion! NUFF said! And I don't think the
Marines will be arriving on our shores for that. ;-)

"The Men in Black and dark glasses at my door??? " That might be a different
story! ;-) :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted