Subject: [Leica] IMG: Baby Angus Cheyne
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 15:39:57 -0700

Peter Cheyne WROTE:
> Baby Angus Cheyne was born 7.46 a.m. yesterday, 30th June.
>
> Hello, son!
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/7472965114/in/photostream/lightbox/
 HI PETER,
A GREAT BIG WONDERFUL CONGRATULATIONS TO MOM, SON and PAPA!

Looks like he's got a great set of lungs to keep you awake for a few nights
before he settles down to "real life time!" :-)

At least you didn't faint upon his arrival as I've seen a new father's do
after telling me... "Oh yes I'm a photographer and I'm going to photograph
the arrival." Mean while I'm standing by the mother's head facing in the
correct position waiting for the doctor to hold brand new baby for mother to
see and my pictures.

The father is at the end shooting the baby emerging from womb!!
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

"BABY BEGINS TO EMERGE, FATHER HOLDS UP CAMERA AND IMMEDIATELY FAINTS AT THE
SIGHT! NURSE GRABS HIM BY THE COLLAR AND DRAGS HIM OVER TO THE WALL OUT OF
THE WAY UNCONSCIOUS!"

He eventually is attended to by a couple of other nurses as he's all
embarrassed after fainting and asking me,
 "DID I GET ANY PICTURES HE COULD HAVE?"  I smile and offer "Sure don't
worry lot's of them." Then smilingly offer?  "Do you want any of the ones
"AFTER YOU FAINTED AND THE NURSES WERE DRAGGING YOU OUT OF THE WAY?"  :-)

Yeah I know I'm a mean assed SOB! :-) But he started out telling me he was a
very good photographer and nothing ever bothered him when he was shooting!
However he had never photographed a birthing! Let alone his wife birthing!!!
MAJOR DIFFERENCE... I DON'T CARE WHOMEVER YOU ARE! :-)

It's always better/easier if it's a stranger TRUST ME! :-)

cheers
Dr. ted :-)

Anyone wishing private points on this subject and how too?" E-me private.

Message from topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Charlie Chan) ([Leica] IMG: Baby Angus Cheyne)