Subject: [Leica] For Philippe Amard
From: daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 08:07:15 +0200

There will be more, don't worry. I have to off-load my images (they're
on that plastic stuff that smells funny, not the plastic stuff the
size of a postage stamp). I've got a few of Ted in reserve, in the
event he gets uppity on us.

We promised not to mention the marathon tour in search of a car and
things like that. So we won't.

The story of the hotel with two room numbers 31 and us banging for
hours on the wrong door, slipping notes under the floor, of Ted
pinning up notes in front of the other room 31 (where he was) wonder
where on earth we had all gone to ... coming back in the morning,
banging on the door, still no Ted, getting the house-keeper to
understand the problem (she knew no English), which she did, and she
opened up the door for us ... "hey! This is the wrong wrong. This
isn't where I left Ted" ... then going into the another entrance to
the hotel, one meter to the left, with a series of rooms with the same
room numbers ... where we found an amazingly composed Ted (composed,
even though he thought we had deserted him ... waking up in the dark.
Not knowing the time. Had he slept 24 hours? It was light. Was it
still the same day? Or was it the next day? Where are they?! ...

Composed, though he had the Noctilux in his pitching arm ... Someone
else can tell that story.

After that, Geoff kept his key. Geoff and I tried to wake him
yesterday morning, but we didn't have the heart. We had kept him on
his feet all day and he deserved to snooze so peacefully as he was.

More later ... have to take a 100 mile bike trip first. I'm the leader
today and they're waiting for me.

Daniel

Last I saw Ted (yesterday morning, my time) he was sleeping like