Subject: [Leica] IMG: First Intercontinental LUG gathering in Barcelona News - MARK & DANIEL
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 18:05:37 +0000

Nope. Can't be. Even if Rockwell says it is.
The Worst Lens Ever Made (by a name brand manufacturer) In The History of
The Modern Universe was, without a doubt, with NO room for argument:

The 43-86 Nikkor zoom. To this day I remain convinced that Nikon contracted
with the Coca Cola company for returned glass bottle bottoms to use as front
elements. This lens was such a dog that it howled when it was mounted. If
there was a single lens that gave the concept of zooms a bad name, this was
it. In a word, this lens really, really, really sucked.

On the other hand, if they had branded it the Nikon Gaussian Blur Zoom, it
would have been decades ahead of it's time. ;-)
Typed with big fingers on tiny keys