Subject: [Leica] Cameras/Lenses at the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 08:18:19 -0700

There were a fair number of new venues that were created for the Games ( one
that pops to mind is the Velodrome )....  But locally we have a bunch of
stadiums, pools, fields, etc that are all Olympic standard quality.  They
were used extensively.

They made money because most of the labor was donated.... and things were
cheaper in 84.

Try that in a third world country......or one with a heavy Labor Union
background....

One of the articles on the 2012 Olympics stated that Britain was spending
just short of $1B on security for the games.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

I do not recall that LA spent billions on new facilities- and the Olympics
here made money! The times they are achanging - maybe not for the better. My
$0.02. Stasys