Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sunday At The Gates Of Hell
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 08:33:15 -0700

Hi Frank.
It's axial. I used front tilt (the tilt adapter can be used on either front
or rear). The adapter can be put on at any 90 degree point, so swings are
possible; but not both tilt and swing simultaneously (reminds me of when I
used to mount my Flexbody on its side).

Points of focus were at about 1 foot below the top of the bench and pretty
near the top of the Gates of Hell. This was at f/22 with the 80mm Alpa
APO-Digitar. Currently this is the widest lens you can use with tilt, but at
Photokina they are coming out with a tilt adapter and Rodenstock lenses that
will allow you to use 5 degrees of tilt at 32mm. Add on side to side
shifting and it's the equivalent of about a 20mm lens in 35mm format. The
lens itself costs about $8K!! Not to mention the new tilt adapter...

Your thinking appreciated,
Bob

Bob Adler
www.rgaphoto.com