Subject: [Leica] Alpa
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:31:19 -0500

I remember fooling around with on in a camera store in the early seventies.
At that time I was shooting a Nikon F, and before that a Spotmatic, and the
Alpa was an ergonomic nightmare. A beautiful well made piece of fine Swiss
nightmare. Everything seemed to work either upside down or backwards from
any other camera in the world. The owner, a friend, recognised my discomfort
and told me that he agreed, but it was so well made and the results were so
good, that he didn't care and used one. The lenses had a very high rating.
Like all things Swiss, it was beautifully made, but operation was a real
challenge.