Subject: [Leica] Olympics iPhone Photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 12:35:56 -0700

Tina Manley OFFERED THIS!"

> PESO:
>
> Who needs a $7000 camera?  An iPhone, a photo app, and binoculars seem to
> work fine:
>
> http://www.tuaw.com/2012/08/03/dan-chung-photographs-the-olympics-using-an-iphone-snapseed-and/
>
> and more
>
> http://www.tuaw.com/2012/08/03/dan-chung-photographs-the-olympics-using-an-iphone-snapseed-and/

Hi Tina,

Thank you for pointing this site out, as it's an amazing illustration of
what's coming with iphones in the hands of a talented photographer! Whether
Olympics or not!

I suggest everyone on the LUG have a look at this series, as it's absolutely
amazing what this photog has produced!

I mean whether he is using whatever camera, this is one very inspirational
photographer! I'd sure hate to be up against him in competition with an
iphone or Leica, Canon, Nikon whatever!

Don't delete it without a good look, well worth your time! Nice to see such
imaginary use of a camera...... whatever kind!

Photos like these? It's like, who needs a Leica?????? Given there are more
and more iphones of 16 & higher mega pixels capturing images of excellent
quality. If some of the camera manufacturers don't stay on top of this kind
of gear we could see similar situations by camera manufactures as we've seen
with film companies! Gone belly-up!

Hello Mr. Leica, don't do what you did when digital cameras came on the
scene! Get with it before it runs right by you again!! People only remember
the Leaders/Winners! .... not second place or followers!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)