Subject: [Leica] Battery Report M9 Firmware 1.196
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 16:32:49 -0400

The batteries are exactly the same but if the word "Leica" on the
battery makes one feel better then that's fine too. $130 vs $19. I shot
both the M8 and M9 since January 2010 and the only problems I had with
batteries were one non-OEM that arrived DOA and another original Leica
battery that caused sensor problems and shutter faults. That's a small
sample of only 8 batteries but that was my experience.

Phil Forrest