Subject: [Leica] New M/ BOKEH?????
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 02:41:16 -0700

May I put this into a test of shooting a real documentary for one of my
medical books.Those of you who do not have the pleasure of a copy of any of
the three might not have one word to say.

Here's how I work.

I'm in scrubs, 3 M cameras around my neck, a couple of motor drive SLR 's
hanging off shoulders with different lenses. And away I go with not one iota
of a thought other than making sure everything is set for proper exposure!

Now it is my eye that is canning the scene watching - looking for the
twinkle in  an eye just over the mask, the helter skelter of hands holding
instruments, the glint in an eye and doing all this without any techie
thoughts or concerns about bokeh or many other things that always seem to
put the fear of God into others their picture taking.

Regardless of all the banter about many things.... Bokeh for example, never
ever enters my mind nor nary an incline of thought as I'm concentrating on
the many subjects.

Just look through any of the book picture pages and point out to me where
the bokeh is a distracting spoiling element in the intensity of the photo
moment. For the life of me I cannot imagine it ever entering thought process
as a new heart valve is being inserted into the heart of the patient.

Please by my guest and tell me the plate number of the photo page and point
out the bokeh spoiled photo.... thank you.

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)