Subject: [Leica] D800E pixel-peepers
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:21:44 -0400

Because of the Leica M and Monochrom cameras.
Both will be sought after by top reportage people, street shooters. All
kinds of shooters really.
The M9 was not so much in the limelight because it was not so much in the
low light. Full frame alone was not enough to make the difference. People
want Jam on their bagels. They most certainly wanted to do what could be
done with a DSLR. Now they can. Even zoom.
We'll see a huge difference public relations wise with stories about top
jobs being shot with the new Leica M's. Night jobs, low light jobs.
Traditional standard Leica M jobs.

The Leica glass which has come out in the past decade will be allowed to
shine like never before. As well as the Leica glass from pervious decades.

My Leica glass is mainly from the turn of the millennium. The Late 90's.
Early 2000's.
The 21 and 24 Elmarit ASPH 's and the 35mm Summicron ASPH. A Noctilux and a
135 f3.4 Telyt M APO. And two 90's an Elmarit from the previous vintage made
with NASA money and the ASPH APO Summicron.
When I got a new M its going to be quite a thing getting much of this glass
to work with it I guess. No clue how much I'll have to budget for that.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography