Subject: [Leica] Contax Zeiss 21mm 2.8 Biogon
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 12:42:24 -0700

Doug, AFAIK, the conversion works like the lens that Miyazaki san designs
himself (I have 2 of his lens), i.e. he removed the innards and put in a
focusing case. The aperture is clickless and that when focusing, you may
also change the aperture if you are not careful. Somewhat fiddly to work
with.

If I were you, I'd sell the G lens and get a ZM 21/2.8 for ~$1100 +
viewfinder. The experience will be much better and the ZM 21 is quite a
performer. Despite what other may say about "Made in Japan" Zeiss, anyone
who has used them, especially the 21 ZM and the 25 ZM, cannot praise them
high enough. I still have my ZM 25 and it gets used  alongside with 50'lux
ASPH and the like without shame.