Subject: [Leica] Review of Fuji's new X-E1 with zoom lens.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:47:14 -0500

The X-E1 W is not readably avaible in the united states yet.
Its available for pre order at Adorama or B&H.
available for pre order means they don't have it.
They'll take your money though. But no camera now.  You'll get it some day.
I have a feeling when the camera is available any loose ends will be
probably taken care of. But the people on the news lists are all saying its
no big deal. The faults are being blow way out of proportion. Not really any
meaningful loose ends to speak of.
Me I say the camera is no big deal.
Its not a cheaper replacement for a Leica M9.
The Sony Sony RX1  is.
The Fuji's new X-E1  is a cheaper replacement for an M8.
A camera which came out 4 or 6 years ago.

And certainly the Sony RX1 is a one lens deal now. But multiple lened
systems are in the wing for Fuji and I'm sure numerable other camera
companies.. Full frame compacts will be coming out in droves this year.
An APS-C  compact camera at this point is not exactly big news. Not big
anything. They will be totally eclipsed in less then a year when all the
full frame compacts come out making results to compete directly against the
Leica M's.
I don't think any of them will really come close though.
They'll be smaller and lighter then an M. But the image quality will of the
M will be plainly visible.
Glaringly visible up from an APS- C camera.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography