Subject: [Leica] Review of Fuji's new X-E1 with zoom lens.
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 10:12:16 -0800

Mark.  Back in film days, the Leica quality was always with the lens.  All
cameras could shoot the same film and vary the exposure the same way.  The
lenses made the difference.

Now, with digital, there is one more variable between cameras.  The sensor
and firmware replace the universally available film.  Leica has to get that
part at least as good as the competition for the lenses to make the
difference again.  Hope they can do it with the M and CMOS.  They are
competing with the big boys who have big bucks and lots of years of
experience.

Aram

Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Review of Fuji's new X-E1 with zoom lens.)