Subject: [Leica] Leica Monochrom in DC today NOT DC?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 19:45:10 -0800

WELL IT ISN'T DC!

But it's VICTORIA, BC. CANADA and a strange black camera that only makes B&W
images arrived?????? STRANGE CREATURE, really? ;-) And it seems I have it
for several days to play with! :-)oh fun & games! :-)

When shooting real B&W film one was, well I was never thinking about the
fact I was shooting B&W. Certainly on my documentaries and medical books.
But with the Monochrome it unfortunately makes me concentrate far too much
on the "looking for images of interest in B&W!"  Instead of just being
motivated to shoot what turns me on! Strange actually and what I consider
very wasting of shooting time.

Almost makes me feel I wouldn't buy one with this hanging over my head as a
distraction.

However? If I were shooting on my latest medical student book I'm sure it
wouldn't be a distraction simply because the subjects are so powerful every
where you look that's what I re-act to and not what's in the camera, digital
or film! Black&White or colour? Unfortunately I wont have the Monochrome
long enough to shoot under the ideal medical subjects. ERGO?

I guess I'll have to save my pennies and buy one to use under the proper
life conditions! :-)  If only? :-( But the few inconsequential images I've
exposed? We shall see ? DELETE OR OTHER WISE?

cheers,
Dr. ted

Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Leica Monochrom in DC today)
Message from jon.streeter at cox.net (Jon Streeter) ([Leica] Leica Monochrom in DC today)