Subject: [Leica] I'd like to know what the "vertical line" is
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 23:52:20 -0500

Richard,
That's not a sensor bloom problem, that's a sensor hardware problem. I
had the same issue and Leica NJ replaced the sensor in the M9 last
January.
And that is a horizontal line issue you show there. ;)

The vertical line issue that is so prevalent in Leica sensors is one of
two:
The vertical split in the very center of the image where you can see
differences in exposure between the two halves of the image. Usually
seen in very under exposed images and usually not a problem

The vertical line that eventually radiates from a hot pixel. Usually
seen at high ISOs but eventually creeps down to 160 making every image
either hard to correct or unusable.

Phil Forrest