Subject: [Leica] Rangefinder focusing limit
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 20:27:56 -0500

Every thinks its rangefinder limitation. Sloppy engineering and camera
design. No one knows if the glass is any good closer.
There was a Close-Up Attachment for the 6  which was made better at least
maybe not the 7.
That way you can do a shot of someone's face.  Like for an 8x10 glossy of an
actor. Or you could just crop as there is a huge amount of cropping one can
do with 6x7 and even fast film.
As is - its a cheep feeling plastic camera which has image quality which
knocks the crap out of anything coming out of a Leica by an easy  mile. Why?
Acreage.   That fact that the optics are pretty good is only the icing on
the cake.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photography