Subject: [Leica] (Now) Nikon 24-120
From: bensonga at gmail.com (Gary Benson)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 20:21:03 -0900

*Scott Gregory* wrote:
*Tue Jan 22 15:15:31 PST 2013*
I certainly agree. And I guess I was lucky with the copy I purchased.
Scott

I was lucky to get a good copy of this lens too Scott.  I also know
severalother people, both personally and from their comments on the
GetDPI forum, who are satisfied with the performance of this lens.

All things considered, I'm very happy with my 24-120 f4G VR lens.  The IQ
(for the subjects I shoot) is very good and I love the versatility of this
lens.

Both of these images were taken with my copy of this lens on my D700.  Please
view large:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bensonga/DSC_1163+Portage+Glacier+XXXL.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bensonga/DSC_1172+Portage+Glacier+XXXL.jpg.html

Lest anyone think...it may be ok on a 12 megapixel D700, but it will never
work on a 36 megapixel D800.  Well, I have a good friend who is shooting
exclusively with a D800E and finds his copy of the 24-120 f4G VR lens more
than acceptable.  I've seen his images and I would certainly agree.

Of course, as we know.....it's unfortunate that not every copy of this lens
may be up to those standards.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] (Now) Nikon 24-120)