Subject: [Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday AN OPEN COMMENT!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 11:50:14 -0800
References: <5845177.1358980641916.JavaMail.root@mswamui-cedar.atl.sa.earthlink.net><006601cdfb43$fdc63b60$f952b220$@NelonAssociates.com><66198DE2-6ED8-4D3A-8920-8F8EB7942C5B@btinternet.com><CAH1UNJ0HnMQ3TD-KTArq3=iQwfCGvVV7cwKYn4GEoinaEyP0YQ@mail.gmail.com><008a01cdfb71$57c24c80$0746e580$@NelonAssociates.com><BLU0-SMTP54FF8FDCDB1E1F081EE4578C1A0@phx.gbl> <055201cdfbde$7a08a1f0$6e19e5d0$@verizon.net>

OPEN RESPONSE TO THIS SITUATION! :-(

When the DMR became available I had 3 R8s  and wanted a DMR back for each.
At that particular time funding wasn't available for one DMR, let alone 3! I
felt horrible, just sick to my stomach each time an e-mail of praise was
posted by those members who had them.  I've used Leica equipment as a
working professional photojournalist, at that time? Probably 50 plus years
and never a real problem that couldn't be fixed quickly!  Today I'm still
using them , but only an M8... "keeping fingers crossed it will continue to
work flawlessly!!"

My credo was and has always been, "LEICA THE ONLY CAMERA IN THE WORLD TO USE
ABOVE ALL OTHERS!" Still feel that way?  Actually becoming a myth of the
past unfortunately! :-( Can't afford them is the main reason! :-( And scared
to buy new for fear of finding a malfunctiong piece of gear my economic life
must depend on!

I don't think my Leica gear or other photographic bit's has ever become as
disappointing as this particular piece of digital equipment, the DMR! The
negative stories since it arrived on the market with such great fanfare have
become the most depressing jabberwocky of weak assed excuses... disgusting
comments by the Leica head office and I can't imagine a comment by a member
as an answer to maybe? Just maybe???? Might keep his DMR alive a bit
longer......... "BUY SEVERAL OR AS MANY AS YOU CAN AND CANNIBALIZE THEM  AS
REQUIRED!"

Ladies & gentlemen.. Think about buying a new modern day automobile, then
being told to buy a half dozen extras to cannibalize to keep one going?

There is a KISS answer to this as much as it brings tears to my eyes given
my multi-years of devotion to  SLR Leica cameras and lenses. Not to forget
the M models of all kinds! Remember, I always carryed 3 of them with motor
drives! And the extreme quality of the captured images with the most
incredible lenses one could and can use!!

I have several lens adapters for Canon SLR'S. The captured images are quite
satisfactory with the Leica adapted lenses. Clients like what they see, I'm
happy with the results and about to shoot a new book this year for the
university to celebrate their medical faculty's 10 year anniversary. I will
use my M8 as much as possible, even though only one body. And I'll fill the
gear gap with SLR Canon and adapted Leica glass.  KISS! It's show no fear,
take no prisoners and don't sweat one iota over the "Lost Leica Tribe" of
yore.

Some day..... "IF  AND WHEN THEY SHOULD EVER RETURN TO THE QUALITY AND
SERVICE OF THE DAYS OF THEIR PAST MAGIC?"

This die hard red blooded Leica User will return whole heartedly to the
fold!

Sad indeed ! And I suppose I should thank the Great Spirit and good luck I
couldn't afford one DMR let alone 3 of them!

Dr. ted :-(

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday AN OPEN COMMENT!)
Message from JNelon at NelonAssociates.com (James R. Nelon) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday)
Message from topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Topoxforddoc) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday)
Message from JNelon at NelonAssociates.com (James R. Nelon) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday)
Message from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday)
Message from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday)