Subject: [Leica] Shanghai market part 2
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 07:34:29 +0000

Why do you think that a longer lens is weaker?
IMO the perspective distortion inevitable in WA lenses is poor for people
shots, and even though the hideous technical difficulty of producing a
reasonably sharp WA lens has been largely solved, they are still very
expensive for what you get.
I can understand a press photographer using one when there are 5 billion
other photographers milling around the same subject, get in front of the
others and still get everything in, but it is just that - get the news shot,
not get a -good- shot. IMHO of course.

If you get close in with a WA lens you are in peoples faces, which is rude
(maybe its just my upbringing), and you get ugly shots.

IMO the -only- reason anybody would use WA for people is the press guy
needing to get the shot in crowded conditions.
FD