Subject: [Leica] Sigma DP1 Merrill
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 07:55:34 +0000 (GMT)

Quite so, and a sensor with no Bayer filter is certainly one of the ways of
achieving it. Unfortunately because the pixels are one on top of the other
the lowest level get less light, so the technology will probably never be
suitable for high isos. I haven't tried one myself, but if I was still
climbing I would -certainly- get one since it would be the modern day
version of the Mamiya 7 I used to carry in the hills, (opinion based only on
web examples though).
FD

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Sigma DP1 Merrill)