Subject: [Leica] Spain Accomodations
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:44:15 -0500

PESO:

I know this is an international and well-traveled group so maybe somebody
can give me some advice.  My son and his fiancee have been hiking the
Comino de Santiago in Spain.  They got about a third of the way and Tim's
knee is acting up. (He must get his knees from me!)  The doctor told him to
rest it for three or four days and if it is not any better, he can't hike
any further.  They have taken a bus to Leon to stay in the convent albergue
there so he can rest the knee.  His current plan is to continue slowly for
the last 100K so they can get their certificates of camino; however, he
needs a back-up plan in case he can't hike any further.  They need a really
cheap place to stay until their wedding in Gibraltar on March 15th.  I
suggested the old ladies who meet buses with signs for "Rooms".  We've
stayed in them before and they are usually a bargain; however, he says that
this time of year everything is deserted and no rooms are for rent.  They
can go anywhere they can get to by bus.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Tina