Subject: [Leica] Bob Adler, are you alive?
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 13:52:57 -0800

Typically it is not the person on the email that was hacked..... Someone's
email is hacked, and they have a contact of Bob Adler.  They then use THAT
name to sign their fictitious emails.  They use the other names to provide
places to send to, or just "throw away" the rest of the list.

You really wonder if these hackers have anything else to do with their
time....

My wife's email was hacked, and they changed the (at that time) Earthlink
info so they forwarded all her emails to their account..... all.
She noticed that her normal 50 emails a day had dried up.....  we changed
her password, eliminated the referred to address, and then sent the guy a
fictitious email from the FBI.....

No further problems from that guy.....

Never did figure out how someone got her password, it was pretty obscure.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

As I don't have my FB or Linked In accounts hooked to my 2 emails, yahoo and
gmail, I guess one of those got hacked?

Or maybe someone else's email (Australian?)?  Can anyone recommend how I can
tell and what to do to fix if I've been hacked?

Message from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert G Adler) ([Leica] Bob Adler, are you alive?)