Subject: [Leica] Naming photos, Adobe Lightroom
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 07:25:47 -0800

If they are already imported into LR3, They are named already, most likely
with an image number from your camera or some other sequential number.

Are you asking how to name them something else?  All 11,000 of them?  A
reasonable amount of help comes from understanding WHY you want each image
to have a written description.... can you explain?

If a sequential number is not what you want, then you want to give them a
verbal title ( Man sleeping on street with bottle of Scotch?)?

It would be considerably easier to use the Keyword classification to keyword
them in groups.  (Vacation 2011 Tokyo)

Regardless of what LR says, I keep my images in folders by individual
activity ( LACMA 1 2013) then apply keywords by location ( LACMA,
M9,2013,Art,Vermeer,Lady with pearl earring)  or
(Vacation,2013,NYC,M9,B+W,Buildings,Empire State,Catwalk)....

This is done in groups of photos, making it less time consuming then
individually naming each image.  It does not get me to a single image for
some later lookup, but a few that have the same keywords.  That's close
enough to look at the individual image file title data and find the one
image I want.

If you need less general instructions email me directly and I will help...

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] Naming photos, Adobe Lightroom)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Naming photos, Adobe Lightroom)