Subject: [Leica] Who invented the computer...or is the law an ass?
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 12:57:30 +0000

I thought the first computer was designed by the Bletchley Park code
breaking group during WW2. The father of the maths involved being Alan
Turing, a gay man who is reputed to have killed himself by eating a poisoned
apple when offered the choice between imprisonment and chemical castration
following successful prosecution post war (homosexuality was illegal at the
time). Because of the mega secrecy nobody was aware he was effectively a war
hero responsible for shortening the war.
The story was apple computer was named in honour of him with the apple with
bite missing logo.
Perhaps BS...
Frank