Subject: [Leica] My last aftermarket battery just died
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 21:38:22 -0500

Hi Richard,

I think the story with Olympus batteries is about the same as Leica.  I have
three Olymous batteries to use with two cameras, and keep the spare fully
charged.  This works for me.  I bought a couple of no-name batteries,
charged them up, and proved that they worked with my cameras.  But, a friend
well versed in the electronics world convinced me that more bad things could
happen than good things, if one of these batteries shorted or overcharged.
I keep them as emergency spares, but have never used them or recharged them
after that initial charge.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA