Subject: [Leica] Ah, the delicious task of selecting a kit for my trip
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 07:54:24 -0700

How dark is the restaurant?  How fast are the lenses?  What shutter speed do
you wish to use?  Does it all make sense?

F4 sounds too slow for inside.... in a dark restaurant.... Too much people
movement

15 ( I think this is the lens with fisheye distortion?) sounds wrong to me
if you are shooting people. 80 sounds too long for a small venue

The Xpan sounds like the film solution ( how fast is the lens?).  The M9 as
the digital one.

Maybe the most obvious choice is the M9 or Xpan with a flash ( yes, heresy
though it may be, flash photography is not a mortal sin!)

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I have the delicious task of selecting a kit for the trip.  So, the purpose
is a large Chinese dinner banquet, and general shooting.

Some thoughts:

- Xpan II with 45mm lens.  One lens, wide for the banquet, normal for
portraits, one camera.
- Hasselblad 40mm and 100mm.  Wide and portrait, heavy metal, although slow
(f4) for inside.  No flash planned.
- Leica M9 with 50 and 24mm.  The digital solution.
- Leica R9 with 15mm and 80mm

Which kit would you choose?

Vick

Replies: Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Ah, the delicious task of selecting a kit for my trip)