Subject: [Leica] Red drives
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 22:42:38 -0400

The WD Red I think is a re-badged Hitachi, I think, running at 5900 RPM.
Never bought one so can't offer any real comments.

My friend, the HDD expert, currently favours Seagate Green. One less platter
(3 instead of 4), runs cooler and one less head assembly to break. I bought
a 3TB one to try. Long term stability is still an open question.

Regards,
Spencer