Subject: [Leica] Chicago Sun Times
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 12:55:12 -0500

Once again, let me offer this alternative: When the US carmakers were
(deservedly) going in the tank, what did they do? Yes, they cut costs, and
in some cases went bankrupt, although in the US that is often a strategic
move to enable certain cuts, but they also tried to IMPROVE THEIR PRODUCT!
They tried, in many cases successfully to make their products more relevant
to the consumer. What have newspapers done? The have made their products
even less relevant and desirable to the consumer. Creatively bankrupt
managers!