Subject: [Leica] Yosemite Mist Trail
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 08:27:56 -0700

> "Bob Adler" <rgacpa at gmail.com> wrote
>
>> Just don't go swimming...
>>
>> http://www.latimes.com/local/**lanow/la-me-ln-man-swept-over-**
>> yosemite-waterfall-20130602,0,**1124451.story<http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-man-swept-over-yosemite-waterfall-20130602,0,1124451.story>
>>

> I met a ranger in a wet suit at the Merced once and asked him what he was
doing.  "Looking for a body."  They have to search the river until they
find the body -- or most of it.  They also have to take large bags to the
bottom of Half Dome and other cliff areas to pick up the pieces.  It sort
of took away my desire to be a ranger there.

One of the absolute dumbest things I ever saw was a testosterone-poisoned
teenager hanging from one of the I beams under the bridge at the top of
Nevada falls.  He was proving his machismo to his buddies by going hand
over hand along the I beam, under the bridge and over the top of the falls.
I couldn't watch.

About the biggest risk I've taken at the top of that falls is to put my
camera on the end of an extended tripod, set the self timer, and hold the
camera as far as possible over the edge of the falls to get a shot looking
straight down.  It makes a cool picture (even if no person is going over
the falls at the time).  ;-)

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] Yosemite Mist Trail)