Subject: [Leica] Yosemite Mist Trail
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 07:45:13 -0700

I am behind on my reading since we were out camping.  In spring 2010 we
happened to be at the bridge below Vernal falls when search and rescue were
practicing some of their techniques.  got to see them string rope and travel
across the river.  Even lower themselves to the top of the water as if they
were going to pluck someone from the river.  It was interesting.  Here are a
few shots.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/ca10/y/Yosemite-9536.jpg.html
This guy would signal with his whistle when he wanted to lowered to the
water or raised up.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/ca10/y/Yosemite-9535.jpg.html

Then they hauled someone across the river.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/ca10/y/Yosemite-9527.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/ca10/y/Yosemite-9528.jpg.html

View large and you can see he was actually not a victim, but was taking my
picture as I took his.

Aram