Subject: [Leica] Fuji XE-1 - Mark
From: piers.hemy at gmail.com (Piers Hemy)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 16:17:54 +0100

Philippe, I suspect that you are a user of the said X10, and your view is
therefore unduly biased. Permit me to agree with you, with the clear
disclaimer that I too am a user of the X10, and equally biased. Any other
camera I have used which is capable of producing a raw file - no question, I
always prefer to have a raw file. But the odd design of the X10 sensor, it
seems to me, has two effects - it is more complicated to make 'after-market'
raw processors (Adobe Camera Raw, for example) but by exploiting the sensor
design it is easier to extract very pleasing results direct from the camera.

But I have no wish to persuade others to abandon their long and fervently
held beliefs.

Piers