Subject: [Leica] PESO: Fuji high ISO / thanks, Rabs!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 00:10:14 -0400

Zone focusing really is faster than autofocus and better in many areas. Its
just that zone focusing really needs a wide angle lens and f8 or f11 to make
a usable zone we can have locked into our minds and be able to shoot with.
At least a normal. Not a long lens.
Thought one thinks of Leica use when doing Zone focusing there's no reason
we can't do it with a camera with a ground glass. I've done it way more with
SLR'S then Leicas as I had them way before I got my Leicas. And after.
My first serious adjustable camera was a 35mm  Voigtl?nder Vito BL,
Color-Skopar 1:2,8/50, Prontor SVS shutter/
And it had guess to matic focusing just like a Rollei 35.
At one point I got a rangefinder to put in its non hot shoe.
It said "Leica" on it actually it probably said "Leitz" on it.
But even with it I'd still do the zone focusing thing if there was enough
light to stop down.