Subject: [Leica] IMG: On a long ride, take a special friend
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 10:03:18 -0700

The "GRR", or the Gold Rush Randonnee, left Davis last night. It's a ride
for hearty: 748 miles from Davis to almost the Oregon border and return.
Only 35,000 feet of climbing! 75 cyclists from as far away a Russia, Sweden,
Japan and Korea are participating.

You need to understand one essential point: they have 90 hours to finish the
ride!

Some folks take their own comfort with them:

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/30182699_VnFkfH#!i=2596623971&k=TtMvkck&lb=1&s=A>

They left in a cool rain: temps in the mid-60s. By the time they return
temperatures may be pushing 100 F!

I admire these riders. They are the Real Thing.

Shot with Sony NEX-7 and Zeiss Touit f1.8 32mm (48mm 35mm equivalent).

I like this lens but the NEX-7 makes autofocus painful. It's just as easy to
focus my Leica lens manually and just about as quick.

I think the next revision of the NEX-7 will have autofocus assist built into
the sensor.

Enjoy!

Adam

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: On a long ride, take a special friend)